Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Outnumbered


I grew up in a house filled with girls: my sister, my Mom, and even the dogs. So, my Dad was the consumate male presence in the house, not that he ever let that get to him. He had plenty of macho to spare.


My husband also grew up in a house filled with females. Not that his Dad wasn't around, but his parents separated when he was young and he spent most of his time with his Mom and his twin sisters. He did all the manly things: played football, worked on cars, chased girls, made his sister's lives a living hell.


Our upbringing should make our son's life interesting. Let me rephrase that: it will make OUR lives a test kitchen of sorts. Mixing things together to see what works, throwing out the duds, and taking notes as we go. Does anyone have any recipe cards I can borrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment