Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The good, the bad, the ugly

Life pulled me away from the computer this weekend, but in a good way (mostly). The past few week has been a roller-coaster of emotions. Nick and I were absolutely THRILLED to see a healthy, foot-grabbing baby boy on the ultrasound screen. We spent the past weekend starting registries and you'd have thought Target have given Nick an air-rifle to play with. He was a pro at "shooting" the tags and racking up a long registry list.

He finally relinquished the gun when nature called, so I had 2 minutes of browsing before he was back in the aisles, eyes lighting up as he found bedding and diapers. I love my husband.

Unfortunately, all of this Baby bliss was dampened by the fact that my Grandfather passed away Monday morning. I don't have too much to say about him, except that he was my grandfather and I have no complaints about that. There is a lot of family drama, strained relationships, and questionable intentions associated with him, so his passing is a mixed blessing.

Thankfully, Grandpa was able to be at our wedding in November and I will forever remember the way he wore those fabulous Leopard cat ears at the rehearsal dinner (Halloween night).

"Flapper" Shirley and "Purr-fectly Divine"Grandpa Coy

No comments:

Post a Comment